Monday, April 21, 2008

Jaundice baby!

Right after we brought Hailey home from the hospital she turned pretty yellow and had to be placed on the Billirubin lights. It actually was a very hard 4 days that she was on the lights because the only time we could hold her was when she was eating and then it was right back on her light bed. You can see the glowing from underneath her. The light bed actually fit in her bassinet which was great! She was such a good baby through the ordeal and hardly made a sound.

Along with the light bed were 6 trips to the hospital to have her billirubin tested! Her poor feet had so many pricks in them I felt so bad. But kow we are doing much better and the lights were actually her whole first week of life...I am just a little slow in telling about it.


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Both of my boys were SO jaundice...Caden was in the hospital for 10 days because it got so bad. I feel so sad for Hailey, but am glad to read that she is doing better.