Hailey turned 10 months old this week! I can hardly believe my baby is almost 1. It is crazy and makes me so sad that she has grown up so fast. She loves to do so many things now. Her favorite word is Hi and pretty much says it to anyone that passes. She loves waving.. (you know the cute wave babies do backwards to themselves.) I love it! She has started pulling herself up on boxes, chairs, the stairs, you name it. She is so much fun and we love her! Painting Valentine hearts with Tiffany and Emma.
Allison did not have school this past Monday for some random reason so we went bowling. My SIL Besty and Emma joined us. I think this was Lindsey's first time bowling and she finally got the hang of it. I am proud to say that I actually broke 100 with my score.
6 comments:
Anonymous
said...
Your baby looks so much like a McIff she is adorable. We need to get together call me and we can plan a time.
She can't be that old?? Didn't you JUST have her? I haven't even given you a baby gift for her yet. Could you ask Hailey to not turn 1 just yet...it reminds me that I am almost a year behind!! :) Looks like you girls have been having fun!
I've been meaning to leave a comment on this cute blog for awhile but I decided this is the day...this is the day b/c every February I find myself thinking a lot about Cindy's mom who passed away. I thought I'd post a note here telling everyone who reads this just how awsome Sister Mciff was and how much I loved her!
She pops in my mind now and then when I am thinking about how crazy life can be as a mom. When my kids have a bunch of friends over and it is CRAZY - I will find myself laughing at how patient Sister Mciff was to ALWAYS have a house full of a million neighbor kids! How she watched as we all ate our way through that glorious pantry is beyond me...you all remember that pantry...wow!
One of the greatest things about her was that she made everyone feel comfortable and loved - she ALWAYS seemed happy to see you. What a great quality! When I would go to their house and see her in the kitchen window I knew I could go in and she'd be excited to see me.
I think about her sometimes when I think I have a lot of laundry. She was often in that little laundry room in that giant house - folding, folding, folding. Can you imagine how much laundry she must have had!? That laundry room smelled so good with the mix of the clorine from the hot tub - yum, my laundry room never smells like that!
I remember her on her sewing machine mending and creating...if I saw her doing that today I would ask how in the world she gets so much done while raising all her kids and half the neighbor kids. Seriously, the best I can do is throw one of those iron on patches to the backs of my kids ripped pants - and even that takes a couple weeks for me to get to.
She LOVED her kids! Even after her kids were grown they were always at their parents house...where else would they find such a fun party going on all the time? I remember when Cindy rented an apartment - he he - she was NEVER there! She always wanted to be home...how great to have your kids want to be at home...I hope my kids still want to be by me when they grow up!
She was a great cook. Maybe that is part of why her kids always went home. HA! I would love to have a peanut butter cookie with a hershey kiss on top right now! One Christmas we had a neighbor bring those to us and I actually got choked up while eating them b/c they reminded me of her so much...they tasted like sweet childhood...and a sweet lady. Oh mannn her homemade pepermint ice cream was beyond the best...I looked forward to that every summer...that and punch bags!!!
She was spunky and passionate - she loved football - boy did she!!! She loved travel and spent her money on trips with her kids instead of all the other things out there that don't mean nearly as much. They are lucky to have so many fun memories together.
Gosh, there is just so much I could say about her. She was beautiful as well...I remember always looking at a picture of her that hung on their wall with her dark hair pulled up - yellow dress i think - and those vampy full pink lips! She was a knock out!
Sister Mciff was an important woman in my life. She was so full of life and love - such a big personality with a big heart! I know I am so lucky to have known her and that is why I still think about her so often. If you ever wonder why Cindy is so wonderful...now you know (and the amazing thing is I could write just as many wonderful things about her awsome dad).
Cindy is loving and generous and always caring for her many family members. She is a sweet mom and wife. She loves her football and a great vacation!!! In my eyes she is the heart of the Mciff's - just like her mom was. We are all lucky that she is our friend.
I am amazed at the strength she has shown dealing with such a loss - what an example. She LOVED her mom and as you can tell her mom deserved all the love in the world. I love you Cindy and I loved your mom! Sher
Married to Randy for 13 years...I am a Mom of 3 adorable little girls! I love staying home and taking care of them. Husband works hard to make money that I spend! Life is generally Fantastic!
6 comments:
Your baby looks so much like a McIff she is adorable. We need to get together call me and we can plan a time.
Oh, I feel your pain. Brynnley just turned 8 months yesterday and I was so sad!
She can't be that old?? Didn't you JUST have her? I haven't even given you a baby gift for her yet. Could you ask Hailey to not turn 1 just yet...it reminds me that I am almost a year behind!! :) Looks like you girls have been having fun!
Holy Moly! I hate that they grow up so fast. Maybe your should just have another!!!
I've been meaning to leave a comment on this cute blog for awhile but I decided this is the day...this is the day b/c every February I find myself thinking a lot about Cindy's mom who passed away. I thought I'd post a note here telling everyone who reads this just how awsome Sister Mciff was and how much I loved her!
She pops in my mind now and then when I am thinking about how crazy life can be as a mom. When my kids have a bunch of friends over and it is CRAZY - I will find myself laughing at how patient Sister Mciff was to ALWAYS have a house full of a million neighbor kids! How she watched as we all ate our way through that glorious pantry is beyond me...you all remember that pantry...wow!
One of the greatest things about her was that she made everyone feel comfortable and loved - she ALWAYS seemed happy to see you. What a great quality! When I would go to their house and see her in the kitchen window I knew I could go in and she'd be excited to see me.
I think about her sometimes when I think I have a lot of laundry. She was often in that little laundry room in that giant house - folding, folding, folding. Can you imagine how much laundry she must have had!? That laundry room smelled so good with the mix of the clorine from the hot tub - yum, my laundry room never smells like that!
I remember her on her sewing machine mending and creating...if I saw her doing that today I would ask how in the world she gets so much done while raising all her kids and half the neighbor kids. Seriously, the best I can do is throw one of those iron on patches to the backs of my kids ripped pants - and even that takes a couple weeks for me to get to.
She LOVED her kids! Even after her kids were grown they were always at their parents house...where else would they find such a fun party going on all the time? I remember when Cindy rented an apartment - he he - she was NEVER there! She always wanted to be home...how great to have your kids want to be at home...I hope my kids still want to be by me when they grow up!
She was a great cook. Maybe that is part of why her kids always went home. HA! I would love to have a peanut butter cookie with a hershey kiss on top right now! One Christmas we had a neighbor bring those to us and I actually got choked up while eating them b/c they reminded me of her so much...they tasted like sweet childhood...and a sweet lady. Oh mannn her homemade pepermint ice cream was beyond the best...I looked forward to that every summer...that and punch bags!!!
She was spunky and passionate - she loved football - boy did she!!! She loved travel and spent her money on trips with her kids instead of all the other things out there that don't mean nearly as much. They are lucky to have so many fun memories together.
Gosh, there is just so much I could say about her. She was beautiful as well...I remember always looking at a picture of her that hung on their wall with her dark hair pulled up - yellow dress i think - and those vampy full pink lips! She was a knock out!
Sister Mciff was an important woman in my life. She was so full of life and love - such a big personality with a big heart! I know I am so lucky to have known her and that is why I still think about her so often. If you ever wonder why Cindy is so wonderful...now you know (and the amazing thing is I could write just as many wonderful things about her awsome dad).
Cindy is loving and generous and always caring for her many family members. She is a sweet mom and wife. She loves her football and a great vacation!!! In my eyes she is the heart of the Mciff's - just like her mom was. We are all lucky that she is our friend.
I am amazed at the strength she has shown dealing with such a loss - what an example. She LOVED her mom and as you can tell her mom deserved all the love in the world. I love you Cindy and I loved your mom! Sher
Thanks for the comment Sherrie! You made me cry as I thought about my Mom and how I can't believe it has been nine years.
Post a Comment