Monday, July 21, 2008

CRUISING ALASKA!!















Randy and I just got back from our very first cruise!!












For my Dad's birthday/retirement celebration he took my siblings and our spouses on a cruise to Alaska!! What an amazing adventure we had. It was absolutely beautiful and so much fun. We left on July 5th and leaving my kids at home was very hard. I cried kissing them all goodbye and Allison was crying as we left. I even had to leave Hailey, which was probably the hardest. Infants under 6 months of age were not allowed on the cruise ship so I pumped and pumped before we left so she would have lots of bottles of breast milk and then I pumped every 3-4 hours while we were on the cruise! I know that may sound extreme to some, but I really want to nurse her longer then 3 months so that is what we did and I can happily say that she is nursing just fine now.

We left out of Seattle and traveled up to the Inside Passage of Alaska. I have so many pictures I want to share of our trip that I may have serveral blogs about it. It was so much fun and a blast to be able to hang out with my family without all of our kids yelling in the background. I really do have amazing brother's and sister's and I love them all deeply. We have tons of fun together and have the best DAD ever!

Here are some pictures from our first day on the ship!

2 comments:

Brandy said...

Oh my goodness, how fun is that???? I am so happy that you got to go and I'm sure the girls missed you like crazy. And hey, me and my pump are like best friends these days! Kudos to you!

Unknown said...

I am so jealous!! But I need more pics!!